› Closing Lines
Pick which novel ends with each closing line.
1. So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
A Bend in the River
A River Runs Through It
The Great Gatsby
2. After all, tomorrow is another day.
Idylls of the King
Gone with the Wind
3. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Brave New World
King Solomon's Mines
4. The old man was dreaming about the lions.
The Jungle Book
In the Skin of a Lion
The Old Man and the Sea
5. But you, O my brothers, remember sometimes thy little Alex that was. Amen. And all that cal.
A Clockwork Orange
6. I wrote at the start that this was a record of hate, and walking there beside Henry towards the evening glass of beer, I found the one prayer that seemed to serve the winter mood: O God, You've done enough, You've robbed me of enough, I'm too tired and old to learn to love, leave me alone forever.
The End of the Affair
7. Oh, my girls, however long you may live, I never can wish you a greater happiness than this.
The Swiss Family Robinson
The Scarlet Pimpernel
8. I'm so glad to be at home again!
Life of Pi
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
9. The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well.
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
10. It was the devious-cruising Rachel, that in her retracing search after her missing children, only found another orphan.
We Didn't Mean to Go to Sea
Master and Commander
out of 10 questions.
Show me the Answers