› Funny Quotes
Match each hilarious quote to the book it's from.
1. The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't.
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
2. It was the day my grandmother exploded.
A Confederacy of Dunces
The Crow Road
A Dirty Job
3. Then, instead of expensive mouthwash, he had breathed on Hogg, bafflingly (for no banquet would serve, because of the known redolence of onions, onions) onions. 'Onions,' said Hogg.
The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove
4. Jack, you have debauched my sloth!
Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim
My Family and Other Animals
5. Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs, and then you had the urge to pass it on.
Three Men in a Boat
6. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
A Dirty Job
7. His whole attitude recalled irresistibly to the mind that of some assiduous hound who will persist in laying a dead rat on the drawing-room carpet, though repeatedly apprised by word and gesture that the market for same is sluggish or even non-existent.
The Code of the Woosters
Tremor of Intent
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
8. All this fuss about sleeping together. For physical pleasure I'd sooner go to my dentist any day.
Carry On, Jeeves
9. To lose one parent may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness.
The Comedy of Errors
The Importance of Being Earnest
10. I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world.
The Catcher in the Rye
The Great Gatsby
The Picture of Dorian Gray
out of 10 questions.
Show me the Answers