› Ghost Stories
Can you match the descriptions of these Ghost Stories to their titles?
1. The haunting story of a young man who narrowly survives a terrible car wreck that kills his little brother. Years later, the brothers’ bond remains so strong that it transcends the normal boundaries separating life and death.
A Shadow of Time
The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud
House of Leaves
2. When Scrooge is visited by his old partner, Jacob Marley, and the ghosts of Christmas Past, Christmas Present, and Christmas Yet to Come, he learns eternal lessons of charity, kindness, and goodwill.
A Christmas Carol
3. 1867. Eliza Caine arrives in Norfolk to take up her position as governess at Gaudlin Hall on a dark and chilling night. As she makes her way across the station platform, a pair of invisible hands push her from behind into the path of an approaching train.
The Wolves of Midwinter
The Children of Green Knowe
This House is Haunted
The Winter Ghosts
4. Something strange is going on in Jerusalem's Lot ... but no one dares to talk about it. The devilishly sweet insistent laughter of a child can be heard echoing through the fields, and the presence of silent looming spirits can be felt lurking right outside your window.
The Green Man
The Monkey's Paw
5. Lara Lington has always had an overactive imagination, but suddenly that imagination seems to be in overdrive. Normal professional twenty-something young women don’t get visited by ghosts. Or do they?
The Amityville Horror
6. “The dead don't talk. I don't know why.” But they do try to communicate, with a short-order cook in a small desert town serving as their reluctant confidant.
The Haunting of Hill House
The Raven Boys
7. Danny was only five years old but in the words of old Mr Halloran he was a 'shiner', aglow with psychic voltage. When his father became caretaker of the Overlook Hotel his visions grew frighteningly out of control.
A Fine and Private Place
8. Set on the obligatory English moor, on an isolated causeway, the story has as its hero Arthur Kipps, an up-and-coming young solicitor who has come north from London to attend the funeral and settle the affairs of Mrs. Alice Drablow of Eel Marsh House.
The House of Lost Souls
The Woman in Black
House of Echoes
9. An American family moves into a British mansion, Canterville Chase, much to the annoyance its tired ghost.
The Haunting of Maddy Clare
The Canterville Ghost
The Little Stranger
10. The story of the Prince of Denmark who learns of the death of his father at the hands of his uncle.
The Ghost of Thomas Kempe
out of 10 questions.
Show me the Answers