› They were banned?
They were banned?
Match the banned books to the places and dates they were banned.
1. Used to be banned in Hunan, China, beginning in 1931 for anthropomorphising animals.
Alice in Wonderland
2. Banned in Nazi Germany.
All Quiet on the Western Front
The Princess Bride
3. Banned in Communist countries, particularly the U.S.S.R.
To Kill a Mockingbird
4. Banned in Ireland allegedly for references to sexual promiscuity.
Brave New World
5. Seized by the US Customs in 1930 for obscenity.
The Great Gatsby
6. Banned in 2004 in Lebanon for being offensive to Christianity.
The Da Vinci Code
7. Was the last book ever banned in the U.S.A.
Pride and Prejudice
8. Banned in Apartheid South Africa for containing indecent material.
Romeo and Juliet
9. Banned in 1965 in the People's Republic of China for its portrayal of early Marxism.
Of Mice and Men
Green Eggs and Ham
10. This book was banned and the author prosecuted for offences against the public morals.
Memoirs of a Geisha
out of 10 questions.
Show me the Answers