› English Counties
Can you match these book descriptions, which include the counties they are set in, to the titles?
1. Charles Ryder visits his friend's family home in Wiltshire.
The Remains of the Day
The Eyre Affair
2. Tired from a grim war in America, a soldier comes home to Cornwall.
The Camomile Lawn
Why the Whales Came
3. Mary Lennox moves fron India to Yorkshire.
The Unknown Ajax
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall
The Secret Garden
4. Netherfield Park (in Hertfordshire) is let at last!
The Mysterious Affair at Styles
The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists
The History of Mr. Polly
Pride and Prejudice
5. In a fit of drunken anger, Michael Henchard sells his wife and baby daughter for five guineas at a country fair in Dorset.
Far from the Madding Crowd
The French Lieutenant's Woman
The Mayor of Casterbridge
6. Catherine Morland goes to stay with friends in Bath, Somerset.
The History of Tom Jones, a Foundling
7. Two families of children learn to sail in the Lake District, Cumbria.
The Woman in White
Swallows and Amazons
Aunts Aren't Gentlemen
8. Five children, in Kent, find a sand fairy in a gravel pit.
The Darling Buds of May
Five Children and It
The Mystery of Edwin Drood
The Canterbury Tales
9. Harriet Vane uncovers a mystery in Oxfordshire.
Peril at End House
Five Go Down to the Sea
10. Two children, in Cheshire, battle evil accompanied by dwarves and wizards.
The Children of the New Forest
The Body in the Library
The Weirdstone of Brisingamen
out of 10 questions.
Show me the Answers