› English Counties
Can you match these book descriptions, which include the counties they are set in, to the titles?
1. Charles Ryder visits his friend's family home in Wiltshire.
The Eyre Affair
The Remains of the Day
2. Tired from a grim war in America, a soldier comes home to Cornwall.
Why the Whales Came
The Camomile Lawn
3. Mary Lennox moves fron India to Yorkshire.
The Secret Garden
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall
The Unknown Ajax
4. Netherfield Park (in Hertfordshire) is let at last!
The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists
Pride and Prejudice
The History of Mr. Polly
The Mysterious Affair at Styles
5. In a fit of drunken anger, Michael Henchard sells his wife and baby daughter for five guineas at a country fair in Dorset.
The French Lieutenant's Woman
Far from the Madding Crowd
The Mayor of Casterbridge
6. Catherine Morland goes to stay with friends in Bath, Somerset.
The History of Tom Jones, a Foundling
7. Two families of children learn to sail in the Lake District, Cumbria.
The Woman in White
Swallows and Amazons
Aunts Aren't Gentlemen
8. Five children, in Kent, find a sand fairy in a gravel pit.
The Darling Buds of May
Five Children and It
The Canterbury Tales
The Mystery of Edwin Drood
9. Harriet Vane uncovers a mystery in Oxfordshire.
Five Go Down to the Sea
Peril at End House
10. Two children, in Cheshire, battle evil accompanied by dwarves and wizards.
The Body in the Library
The Weirdstone of Brisingamen
The Children of the New Forest
out of 10 questions.
Show me the Answers