› English Counties
Can you match these book descriptions, which include the counties they are set in, to the titles?
1. Charles Ryder visits his friend's family home in Wiltshire.
The Eyre Affair
The Remains of the Day
2. Tired from a grim war in America, a soldier comes home to Cornwall.
The Camomile Lawn
Why the Whales Came
3. Mary Lennox moves fron India to Yorkshire.
The Unknown Ajax
The Secret Garden
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall
4. Netherfield Park (in Hertfordshire) is let at last!
The History of Mr. Polly
The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists
Pride and Prejudice
The Mysterious Affair at Styles
5. In a fit of drunken anger, Michael Henchard sells his wife and baby daughter for five guineas at a country fair in Dorset.
The French Lieutenant's Woman
The Mayor of Casterbridge
Far from the Madding Crowd
6. Catherine Morland goes to stay with friends in Bath, Somerset.
The History of Tom Jones, a Foundling
7. Two families of children learn to sail in the Lake District, Cumbria.
Swallows and Amazons
The Woman in White
Aunts Aren't Gentlemen
8. Five children, in Kent, find a sand fairy in a gravel pit.
Five Children and It
The Mystery of Edwin Drood
The Darling Buds of May
The Canterbury Tales
9. Harriet Vane uncovers a mystery in Oxfordshire.
Five Go Down to the Sea
Peril at End House
10. Two children, in Cheshire, battle evil accompanied by dwarves and wizards.
The Weirdstone of Brisingamen
The Children of the New Forest
The Body in the Library
out of 10 questions.
Show me the Answers